Join us for a night you'll never forget while enjoying the best drinks & appetizers Aggieville has to offer!
Stylists, barbers and cosmetology students will be showcasing their talents & artistry for a cause. We come together to create awareness of the mental health crisis in our youth. To eliminate the stigma. It's OK not to be OK. Help extend a lifeline to young people!
September 28th, 2019
Moro Event Venue, 115 Moro Manhattan, KS
We stand together with Katie’s Way to change and improve the lives of young people affected with mental health challenges no matter how great or small. Our mission is to:
Create awareness of the mental health crisis in our youth.
Eliminate the stigma. It’s OK not to be OK.
Extend a lifeline to young people, for underinsured or uninsured
Why: Recognition * FUN * New challenges and exposure * Resume’ building*Individual artistic liberation
Who: Stylists, Barbers and Cosmetology students.
Where: Moro Event Venue 1115 Moro Manhattan, Kansas
When: September 28th, 2019 6 pm-10 pm
**Win a 7-night trip for 4 adults in Cabo San Lucas**
First Place Prize for each Category: $300 value in cash & prizes
People’s Choice Award: **Cabo San Lucas at the Club Regina for 7 nights!
Men’s* The men’s category is open to interpretation. *Use of color, cut, design*Artistic ability *The model must be male When entering this category, the judges will be looking for the overall look & style.
Color* Category may be interpreted in any of the following way’s:*Commercial or Artistic use of hair coloring (permanent or temporary)*Utilizing paints or makeup to amplify color pallets.*Developing costuming or props to strengthen a piece’s color scheme.*Use of different additives or extensions to exaggerate any quality of the color.*It is permitted to use elaborations. When entering this category, the use of color should be the unique feature of your entry. The presence of bold color schemes will ensure your entry be effectively judged.
Glamour* Exaggerations of generational styles. * Special occasion fashion* A design with compelling charm, romance and excitement* A silhouette with high fashion and beauty. When entering this category, the overall impression you want to give is an ambiance. The emotion you are trying to portray. Your piece should be of elegant quality.
Avant Garde*Category can be interpreted in any of the following ways: An invention or application of a new technique*A character or fantasy driven artistic piece. *Amplified driven forms This category is meant to be EXTREME! Think big, think outside the box! This will be our finishing category of the evening.
People’s Choice *All paid entries competing in the evening of the event will qualify for the People’s Choice Award. *Photos of all entrants from the night of the event will be displayed via social media. *A text to vote will determine the winner. The voting will take place that evening and for 14 days after the event. *Entrants are encouraged to share the texting information from the night of the event for voting.
Please provide your own model and showcase him/her that evening.
General Admission Tickets: Advance $25 At the door $30
Event Rules and Regulations
· There is a $25 fee for license cosmetologists and $15 student fee to enter the competition, per category. Enter yourself for 3 or more categories for a discounted price of $20 each!!
· The fee must be paid at registration to Katie’s Way or online at the Hair 4 Hope Facebook event page. First 45(30 stylist and 15 students) entries receive a full-size Lanza Hair Spray ($28 value).
· Participants must be registered and pay by August 30, 2019.
· Participants are responsible for finding your own model, clothing and materials.
· Awards will be given to 1st place winners in each category.
· All participants must adhere to all show rules.
· All participants must provide valid Board of Cosmetology License number.
· One award will be presented for each category judged by a team of industry professionals.
· Participants will receive prizes the evening of the show and must be present to win.
· People’s choice award will be voted on that evening and for the next 14 days after competition.
· Judging for People’s choice will be via a text app provided the night of competition and 14 days after via social media with pictures of all participating models.
· All models will have equal time on stage.
· Awards will be final once presented.
· Models may not be used for multiple categories.
· All models under 18 must submit a parental consent form.
· ALL models must be appropriately covered.
· Models must successfully fit through a doorway.
· Everyone except for the paid artist and model must purchase a ticket to the event.
· Due to space ONLY, paid Artist and model are allowed in the dressing room.
· Hair 4 Hope cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen property.
· A dress rehearsal will be held with time TBA.
· Failure to comply with any rules will result in release without refund from the competition.
· Cabo trip must be booked within 45 days after event, travel dates depend on availability. Must be used by 2020.
· Marketing to promote Hair 4 Hope will include, but not limited to: TV, radio, social media, banners, printed materials and billboards. Participants and their salon will be listed in the evenings program